Based in Austin, TX, Project Balance is a women-owned consulting firm specializing in web applications, data warehousing and data visualizations. Project Balance is growing and we are looking for a skilled and creative full stack .NET developer that can work well with a distributed team.
Start Date: Immediate
Hours: Full-time contract, 8-hour work day
Work location: Your home office
About this Position
This position combines the business analyst and quality assurance roles required for data warehouse and software development. You will work in partnership with the project technical lead to help gather and document requirements and ensure coordination with the development team. As new source systems or business rules are identified, you will work with subject matter experts and write the business specifications for these components. You will work closely with the development team to make sure that business specifications are being implemented as per the documentation. There may be some travel to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
What You Will Be Doing
- Conduct discovery meetings with the Subject Matter Experts and document business process and functional requirements using tools such as MS Word, Visio diagrams, flowcharts, use-cases and or other tools and techniques.
- Create source to target lineage documentation for data warehouse; review and provide feedback on dimensional model
- Manage and track changes to requirements throughout the development, testing and maintenance lifecycle.
- Use case analysis and documentation
- Data analysis and documentation and proficiency in SQL
- Ensure business requirements are organized and coherent for architects and developers to understand
- Ensure system meets business requirements
- Create and track test plans, cases, and scripts
- Lead the Quality Assurance team in developing and executing test plan and scripts
- Assist in the development of end user manuals and instructional documentation
What You Need for this Position
- Experience working with Data Warehouse constructs and concepts
- 5+ years’ experience gathering and documenting requirements for data warehouse and/or software development projects
- Experience gathering report requirements from end users and translating to functional specifications
- Extensive use of requirements gathering techniques such as interviews, creating storyboards, flow diagrams, and documentation
- 5+ years’ experience creating test plans
- Experience writing SQL statements for testing and understanding data models
- Experience with using Power BI
- Knowledge of MS Teams, Azure DevOps and other project management and testing tools
- Excellent communication skills; client-oriented
Please send your resume and hourly rate to: firstname.lastname@example.org